The Bots-Blog

A semi-educational journal documenting my time abroad in Botswana.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Lewis Primary


Dumela

First full day of teaching at Lewis Primary School. It’s a public school, and begins every day at 7 with an assembly of prayer and singing. I took a short video of it and hope to post the singing and dancing someday. After the assembly I was literally given a classroom and told “teach English.”. (I know, the thought of me having to teach a foreign language, especially English, is scary) Luckily they all already new enough English that is wasn’t a problem.
Sala Sentle

Travis

Day 2

So today turned out to be crazy than yesterday. Instead of just telling me come in and teach an hour of English, they gave me an entire class for the day, dropped the text books in my hand and pretty much told me "teach". went very well though. The kids are extremely well behaved (sadly as a result of being punished with beatings) and we all had a great time. Sadly, there was only one text book for math, science and english, which is hard to imagine when at home usually everyone can at least share a book.
Take Care

Mothusi (in english 'helper')

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home